This course will provide participants with an overview of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard incorporating insight into the key clauses and underlying concepts that underpin an effective quality management system. The course will enable participants to interpret the requirements of the Standard and understand how these requirements relate to their organization
This course covers the following topics:
- Understanding Quality Management Systems
- Structure and concepts of ISO 9001:2015
- Organisational context
- Planning for the Quality Management System
- Support and operations
- Operational planning
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of a quality management system
- Have a greater understanding of the structure, content and the intent of ISO 9001
- Be able to explain the specific quality management-related requirements of ISO 9001
- Be familiar with the terms and definitions used
- Have a greater understanding of the concept of the process model
Upon successful completion of the online course participants can print a certificate of completion online in the LMS.
This course is ideal if you:
- Want to increase or refresh your knowledge on 9001:2015
- Are new to a quality management role
- Working on a project team to implement the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015
- Need to conduct internal quality audits
- Need to participate in the maintenance of the organisation’s Quality Management System.
There is no formal assumed prior knowledge for this course however an understanding of your organisation’s operations is recommended.
What accreditation or recognition does this course have?
This course is non-accredited.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As a non-accredited course this course has no extended assessment requirements. The course contains a number of activities designed to reinforce the key skills and knowledge outcomes and a knowledge quiz at the end.
What standard is relevant to this course?
What other courses are relevant to this course?
There are a range of other courses that are relevant to this course and the Quality management pathway. These include: ISO 31000 Risk Management Foundation and Internal Auditor training, each of these are available in an online format as well as public, classroom-based training and as in-house training.
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Foundation – Public | Online | In-House
- Internal Auditor training – Public | Online | In-House
How long does the course take to complete?
We estimate the average student will take approximately 2.5 hours to complete the course.
What are the IT requirements?
Windows users should have access to Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Browsers that can be used include; IE10, IE11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. This course is compatible with tablets.
This course will introduce you to the ISO 9001:2015 fundamentals, structure and concepts. It will help you to identify and contextualize situations within you own organisation that must be controlled or improved in order to implement the QMS framework This course provides a solid foundation for the Quality management course pathway