Build the practical skills and knowledge you need to develop, implement or enhance a Quality Management System (QMS).
Examine the common challenges to Implementing and maintaining a Quality Management System. Learn how to bring the necessary discipline and control to your operations with strategies to identify problems, assign resources and evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the QMS including procedural and process information.
This course covers the following topics:
- Understand the fundamental elements of a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Establish the purpose and scope of a QMS based on stakeholder needs and expectations
- Design a QMS framework incorporating process management techniques and tools
- Undertake a gap analysis and document processes incorporating operational controls and measures
- Implement the QMS framework using training, communication and performance monitoring tools and techniques
- Evaluate performance results and implement improvements
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Analyse organisational drivers, stakeholder’s needs and expectations, to understand the requirements of an effective Quality Management System (QMS).
- Conduct a Gap Analysis of organisations existing operations, methods and systems to determine what changes are required to implement a QMS that meets the organisations needs and stakeholder expectations.
- Design a QMS that is functional and appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
- Develop a QMS, incorporating key elements of effective process management including document control, performance measures, and review methods
- Implement a QMS applying Project Management and Change Management techniques to ensure the desired outcomes are achieved
- Establish evaluation methods that use system performance data and results, to facilitate decisions about issues and opportunities for improvements
Upon successful completion of the online course participants will be able to print a certificate of completion.
The course is designed for:
- People who are responsible for ensuring an organisations quality management framework meets the requirements of the organisation, to ensure products, services and process outcomes meets the needs and expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- QMS practitioners, consultants or QA Managers who are, or will be, involved in establishing, implementing and maintaining a QMS
- Those requiring a refresher before reviewing an existing QMS
- Those wishing to improve their current QMS
A sound working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 is strongly recommended.
What accreditation or recognition does this course have?
This course is not a nationally recognised training course. Participants wanting to attain the nationally recognised units of competency should attend the face to face training course.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
The course contains an end of course online knowledge check with a passmark of 80% in order to complete and pass the online course. There are no formal assessments outside of the online course.
How do I access my certificate?
You will be able to print a certificate of completion at the end of the online course provided that you pass the online knowledge test. You will have access to the learning management system for 12 months from your registration so you can access the course content and your transcript to re-print the certificate at any time during that period.
What other courses are relevant to this course?
Other courses that may be of interest include; Internal Auditor, Auditing a QMS, Lead Auditor training.
How long does the course take to complete?
We estimate the average student will take approximately 6-8 hours online to complete the course. You do not have to complete the course in 1 sitting. you can exit the course at any time and your progress will be bookmarked until the next attempt.
What are the IT requirements?
Students will need access to a computer with an internet connection. This course is compatible with tablets. Windows users should have access to Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows XP. Browsers that can be used include; IE10, IE11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
How long will students have access to the course?
You will have access to the course for 12 months from registration. If you have not completed the course within the 12 month period please contact us.
Learn how to Implement and review a Quality Management System in your workplace.