This online foundation course is intended for those with existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety (OH&S) management and who require an introduction to the ISO 45001:2018 standard for OHSMS.
The course will equip participants with a basic understanding of the development and application of OH&S management techniques and how the ISO 45001:2018 standard requirements should be interpreted.
On completion of the course participants would be expected to be able to:
- Understand the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001:2018 and its relationship with Annex SL structure
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 in the context of an effective OHSMS
Gain the necessary knowledge and skills for auditing management systems in accordance with the guidelines outlined in the AS/NZS ISO 45001:2018 Standard. This course focuses not only on the core auditing skills but also on communication and reporting skills which can help the Lead Auditor achieve success in the audit. This course uses a scenario-based approach to explain the complexities of a risk-based Work health & safety / Occupational health & Safety management systems audit.
The course will explain important concepts related to Health & Safety:
- Management Standards
- Legislation and Regulations
- Risk and Risk Management
- Performance Evaluation
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- State the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- State the structure, content, and the intent of ISO 45001:2018
- Be familiar with the terms and definitions used in the ISO 45001:2018 Standard and be familiar with the concept of a process approach
- Explain the specific requirements of the ISO 45001:2018 Standard
- Describe how the OHSMS system elements link to achieve effective OH&S performance.
There is no certification for this one-day course. Participants will receive a statement of attendance on the successful completion of the program and all activities.
This course is ideal if you:
- Want to increase your knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Are new to an OH&S management role
- Want to refresh your existing knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Need to implement the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- Need to participate in the maintenance of the organisation’s OHSMS
What standards are relevant to this course?
45001:2018 OHS Management Systems
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As a non-accredited course this course has no assessment requirements. The course contains a number of activities designed to reinforce the key skills and knowledge outcomes.
How do I access my certificate?
Your Certificate of attendance will be sent to you electronically upon completion of the course. or it can be printed from the Learning Management System.
How long does the course take to complete?
We estimate the average student will take approximately 2.8 hours to complete the course.
What are the IT requirements?
Windows users should have access to Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Browsers that can be used include; IE10, IE11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. This course is compatible with tablets.
How long will students have access to the course?
You will have access to the course for 12 months from purchase
What accreditation or recognition does this course have?
This course is non-accredited.
What if I require assistance in completing this course? For example; Literacy, numeracy, physical, vision or hearing support
Please contact customer support to discuss any concerns or support requirements you may have
This course will equip delegates with a basic understanding of the development and application of occupational health and safety management techniques and how the ISO 45001:2018 standard requirements should be interpreted.