This course is designed to provide learners with comprehensive training in the theory and practice of leading an Environmental Management Systems audit based on ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 19011:2018. And to gain understanding of the responsibilities of a lead EMS Auditor, and the techniques and methodologies required to effectively lead an EMS audit.
The course is a combination of the Online Auditing an ISO 14001:2015 & 19011:2018 Environmental Management Systems and the Online Lead Auditor Training ISO 19011:2018 programs.
The course is a combination of two courses, the Online Auditing an ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System and the Online Lead Auditor Training ISO 19011:2018.
With highly interactive and immersive content, assessment activities, case studies and support tools,the course covers the following topics:
- How to apply Environmental Management System audit principles and practices to ISO 14001:2015.
- The processes involved with managing audit programs
- How to initiate and prepare for an audit
- How to conduct on-site audit activities, reporting on audit findings and conducting post-audit activities
- How to develop the communication skills required to lead an EMS Audit successfully
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will gain the knowledge to:
- Identify and review audit-related documentation and prepare checklists
- Participate in developing audit schedules
- Identify, gather, analyse and evaluate information
- Conduct entry and exit meetings
- Plan an Environmental Management Systems audit and communicate with an auditee regarding proposals
- Assess audit scope and objectives
- Identify resources required to conduct the audit
- Develop an Environmental Management Systems audit plan and tool
- Prepare and manage audit team resources
- Guide team members in continuously improving their performance
Compile and report audit results and outcomes
- Negotiate the follow up process with auditees
- Monitor and review audit systems and activities
- Gather data and Environmental Management Systems records
- Undertake Environmental Management Systems audit activities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systematic approaches to identifying Environmental Management Systems risk factors
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the organisation’s risk assessment tool(s) and processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systematic Environmental Management Systems monitoring processes
- Assess the impact of Environmental Management Systems management approaches on improved performance
- Assess and advise on organisational Environmental Management Systems compliance against agreed benchmarks
Upon successful completion of the Online component and the Offline assessments, participants will receive Nationally Accredited units stated below:
Statement of Attainment
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
- BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
Issued by SAI Global (RTO: 106919)
Enrolments for courses starting 1 November, the course will not award the above units of competencies. The below listed units of competencies will be offered for enrolments on courses from 1 November.
- BSBAUD411 – Participate in quality Audits
- BSBAUD511 – Initiate quality Audits
- BSBAUD512 – Lead quality audits
- BSBAUD513 – Report on quality audits
These units form part of BSB50920 Diploma of Quality Auditing
In addition, this course issues the below TPECS competency unit which is certified by Exemplar Global.
Certificate of Attainment
- Exemplar Global – AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global – EM – Environmental management systems
- Exemplar Global – TL –Leading management systems audit teams
All individuals who are enrolled in, or completing nationally recognised training will require a Unique Student Identifier (USI). A USI number is required before a Statement of Attainment or Diploma can be issued. Go to the USI Student Portal to obtain a USI at no cost.
This course is designed for people who need to conduct and Lead audits of an EMS. Typically, this includes professionals such as:
- Individuals who want to obtain a formal qualification to add to their internal external auditing experience
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party and second-party audits or have responsibilities for audit systems
- Individuals leading their companies to ISO 14001:2015 certification
- Business managers, environmental managers, engineers, and consultants
- Individuals who want to become a certified Environmental Management System auditor through their relevant personnel certification body such as Exemplar Global