The purpose of this course is:
- To introduce the principles of Environment and supporting practices
- Define the scope and structure of an Environmental Management Systems in context with the organisational context and with environmental factors
- Explain the purpose of an environmental management system and the requirements and business benefits of enhanced environmental performance
- Outline the core elements and clauses of ISO 14001:2015 and how these interact with the overall EMS
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an Environmental Management Systems as well as the benefits to an organisation
- Have an understanding of terminology used in environmental management
- Understand community perceptions in relation to environmental management
- Have a basic understanding of local, regional and global and environmental issues
- Have a basic understanding of current environmental regulatory and legislative requirements
- Understand and interpret the framework of ISO14001 and understand its applications
- Determine the potential benefits and costs of implementing an environmental management system
- Understand the organisational context and Environmental Scope
- Understand Environmental commitment, leadership and policy
- Identify environmental aspects of an organisation and to access their environment impacts
- Identify factors that will enable the significance of environmental impacts to be determined
- Understand risk assessment tools and techniques to identify, assess and control significant impacts
- Select performance indicators for Environmental Performance
- Assess, analyze and evaluate environmental performance data
- Communicate Environmental Performance results internal and externally
- Implement actions to improve overall Environmental Performances
- Ensure Continual Improvement is demonstrated with Environmental Performance
Upon successful completion of the online course participants can print a Certificate online.
This course is suitable for those responsible for understanding, managing and maintaining internal and external Environmental Management Performance Obligations and evaluating an organisation’s arrangements against their commitments. This course is designed as the starting point for learning about environmental management systems.
This is an introductory level course – there are no assumed knowledge requirements.
Is the course accredited?
No, this is a non-accredited course.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As a non-accredited course this course has no assessment requirements. The course contains a number of online activities and a short test designed to reinforce the key skills and knowledge outcomes.
What other courses are relevant to this course?
There are a range of other courses that are relevant to this course and standard. These include: ISO 9001 Foundation, ISO 31000 Risk Management Foundation and Internal Auditor training, each of these are available in an online format as well as public, classroom-based training and as in-house training.
- ISO 9001:2015 Foundation – Public | Online | In-House
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Foundation – Public | Online | In-House
- Internal Auditor training – Public | Online | In-House
Does this course lead to a qualification?
No, this is a non-accredited course.
How long does the course take to complete?
We estimate the average student will take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to complete the course.
What are the IT requirements?
This course is compatible with tablets. Windows users should have access to Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Browsers that can be used include; IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
How long will students have access for the course?
You will have access to the course for 12 months from purchase. If you have not completed the course within 12 month period please contact us to arrange a three month extension of the course access.
What standard is relevant to this course?
What are the terms and conditions for this course?
You can find a copy of the terms and conditions as well as a copy of the Student Handbook for this course on our website. The student handbook is a comprehensive summary of student rights and obligations and SAI Global learning policies and practices
How do I access my certificate?
Your statement of achievement can be printed or saved upon successful completion of your online course.
What if I require assistance in completing this course? For example; Literacy, numeracy, physical, vision or hearing support
We are able to modify some course requirements – please contact customer support to discuss any concerns or support requirements you may have.
This is a self-paced and equivalent alternative to the one day instructor-led training. Undertake concentrated and comprehensive training in the very latest fundamental theory and practice of Environmental Management Systems (EMS).